Monday 31 August 2009

A good run, and some more parts found.



An excellent run in the 25hp yesterday. I took a couple of friends to a pub and we had a good old natter over lunch. The car ran well, but it's getting noisy. The good running is down to the carburettor being restored so it's not running so rich any more. Saves petrol AND wear-and-tear on the bores.


The noise is down to a small hole in the exhaust. I'll bandage it up, then weld it at some point over the winter.

This is actually a picture of my spare carburettor, A Claudel Hobson AZP. The one on the car is an AZP1.


I also have some new parts fore the twincam: A pair of air vents for the body , the casting that clamps the exhaust pipe to the exhaust manifold, Rotax starter switch and a couple of other items.

The Beaulieu Autojumble is in a couple of weeks. Frankly, I can't wait. How sad is that :o) I'm looking out for all sorts of bits and bobs, we'll see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment